- Cable adds over 1M HSI subscribers in Q1, now controls 63% of the U.S. market by Daniel Frankel | May 19, 2017 11:23am
by Daniel Frankel | May 19, 2017 11:23am
Spearheaded by the explosive growth of Comcast and Charter Communications, cable operators collectively added over 1.003 million high-speed internet (HSI) subscribers in the first quarter, further seizing market share from the telco sector, according to Leichtman Research Group.
Beset by Frontier Communications’ heavy Fios losses (107,000 users), ...
- Wave close to $2B purchase by same private equity group that bought RCN and Grande by Daniel Frankel | May 19, 2017 11:47am
After buying up RCN Telecom Services and Grande Communications last year, private equity firm TPG Capital is reportedly close to a $2 billion deal for WaveDivision Holdings LLC, parent of Kirkland, Washington-based cable operator Wave Broadband.
Reuters reported the deal citing unnamed sources. Neither TPG or Wave are commenting at this point.
Last month, ...
- ATS Supports Crystal Coast SCTE Proud to help sponsor the Crystal Coast SCTE organization at their annual golf outing and show. We are sponsoring a golf hole and will have a table at the SCTE show. Stop by and see us!!!!
- Altice set to roll out ‘The Box’ in the U.S., Goei says by Daniel Frankel | Apr 25, 2017 3:55pm
LAS VEGAS—After successfully deploying ‘The Box’ in France, Altice USA plans to roll out the combination DVR, modem and Wi-Fi router to the U.S. later this year.
“It will be something that will drive less clutter in the home,” said Altice USA CEO Dexter Goei, making a rare keynote address ...
- Android for STBs: What every pay TV operator should know Launching a pay TV platform typically requires 2-3 years’ development to create a customized user experience based on proprietary middleware with continuous updates throughout the STB lifetime. It’s slow, expensive and requires specialist developers, but operators get the UX they choose.
Google’s AOSP and Android TV are shaking up this status quo. Android rose from zero ...