Seeking qualified hand soldering rework specialist in Carol Stream, IL.
We are seeking candidates to perform hand desoldering and soldering of surface mount and thru-hole components for electronic manufactured pcba’s. Candidates must be able to assemble, modify, and repair electrical components to pcba assemblies by interpreting board diagrams, visual aids, and drawings.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
• Performs removal of surface mount and through-hole electronic components using blown hot air (Hakko 850) and vacuum desoldering tools (Hakko 808) or similar.
• Performs solder operations according to J-STD-001 and IPC-610 standards.
• Read and understand assembly drawings and work instructions.
• Monitors quality in accordance with established quality specifications.
• Handle/install polarized/non-polarized components per designated locations on pcba products.
• Knowledge of different processes (lead and lead free) fluxes, solder, and cleaning solvents.
• Knowledge of resistors color code and capacitor polarity value reading.
• Mount pre-assembled components, such as transformers, resistors, transistors, capacitors, integrated circuits, heat sinks, and sockets on to pcba.
• Connect component lead wires to printed circuit or route and connect wires between individual component leads and other components, connectors, terminals, and contact points.
• Perform pcba cleaning
• Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned
Candidates must meet the following requirements for consideration:
• Minimum 1 year experience in electronic board rework.
• Completion of a high school degree or equivalent is preferred.
• Good attention to detail. Excellent eye-hand coordination required.
• Must be able to use a microscope.
• Ability to read and comprehend simple work instructions.
• Work efficiently on assigned tasks, monitor and track quality of assemblies and communicate any discrepancies.
• Must successfully demonstrate efficient removal and installation of surface mount components. (Bench Test)
• Candidates that have successfully completed IPC 7711/21 Rework, Modification, and Repair of Electronic Assemblies training preferred.
Location: 735 Kimberly Drive Carol Stream, IL
Hours: 7:00 am -3:00 pm, M-F (1st Shift)
Pay Rate: based on experience and bench test results
Please email work history and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.