Manufacturers that focus on the entire supply chain learn they can reduce costs and in many cases turn cost centers into profit centers. Take for instance Best Buys reverse supply chain strategy per the Reverse Logistics Magazine article "Best Buy Turning Returns Processing into Profit Center".
- Repairing and re-kitting items domestically to be sold in secondary markets
- Marketing their organization as being ecologically responsible having items returned for disposal while recycling the materials
- Offering their cost conscious customers remanufactured items
- Reduce inventory carrying costs by providing repair solutions instead of maintaining higher levels of inventory.
- Providing remanufactured advance exchange inventory ensuring customer satisfaction
Stop looking at returns as a cost. Organizations that team up with strong third party outsourcing partners like Advanced Technical Services can tap into the reverse supply chain to improve market share while maximizing the value of each return.